- 36 MP AA filter-less shake reduction sensor with APS-C crop mode for compatibility with Pentax k-mount lenses
- Hand Held Pixel Shift Resolution that allows 4 images to be complied into an superior image with increased color rendition and sharpness
- Engine Accelerometer for reduced image noise, faster focusing and increased image sharpness
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather Resistant body for every demanding situation
- Astro-tracer extended exposure mode with reduced star trails
The PENTAX K-1 Mark II was designed to be the new flagship of the acclaimed PENTAX K-series lineup. In addition to the outstanding image quality, this model provides excellent super-high-sensitivity imaging performance and much-improved operability. The newly improved PRIME IV imaging engine, assures flawless, high-speed operation and excellent noise-reduction, improving image quality and super-high-sensitivity imaging performance. The PENTAX-developed Pixel Shift Resolution System has been upgraded to the Pixel Shift Resolution System II. This system features a newly developed Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution mode, which allows the photographer to capture super-high-sensitivity images in handheld shooting, by detecting the slight fluctuations of the subject’s position during continuous shooting. In addition to the conventional shooting style using a tripod, this innovative mode provides a new option for the photographer to enjoy super-high-sensitivity photography with a wider variety of subjects and scenes. The camera also comes equipped with a host of features and functions designed to optimize the photographer’s creativity and operational comfort, including a dependable magnesium-alloy body with dustproof, weather-resistant construction; an optical viewfinder with a nearly 100-percent field of view for real-time subject confirmation; a sophisticated shake-reduction system; and a flexible tilt-type LCD monitor to accommodate various shooting angles.