- World's first Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor w/ integrated memory
- World's first blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20 fps
- Silent, vibration-free, anti-distortion shutter up to 1/32,000 sec.
- 693 Phase Detection AF points over 93% frame coverage
- Cont. view blackout free OLED Tru-Finder w/ 100% frame coverage
In one game-changing leap the revolutionary image sensor and high-speed processing of the α9 reaches performance levels far beyond the incremental improvements gained through decades of mechanical refinement. There is no viewfinder blackout. Continuous shooting speeds exceed those possible with mechanical shutters. Higher shutter speeds are available, and all without noise or vibration. The ability to keep an eye on moving subjects at all times leads to faultless AF and AE tracking, and the photographer’s view is consistently up-to-date with an absolute minimum of lag. In short, the digital promise has been realized at last.